jueves, 8 de diciembre de 2016

A Daily Writing Habit Allows You to Become the Author of Your Life Story




Of all the things that have changed my life and my career, nothing comes close to my daily writing habit. It’s allowed me to publish books, make amazing friends, and wake up every morning with something to look forward to. And it’s allowed me to spend the first hour of every day on something that adds meaning to my life.
In his book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Donald Miller said
“Humans are alive for the purpose of a journey, a kind of three-act structure. They are born and spend several years discovering themselves and the world, then plod through a long middle in which they are compelled to search for a mate and reproduce, and also create stability out of natural instability, and they find themselves at an ending that seems designed for reflection.”
Life is a story that is made of words, sentences, paragraphs, and chapters. It’s made up of brief moments of audacity, peaks, valleys. false starts dead ends, detours, and false horizons. We will have moments when we’re filled with joy and others when we’re consumed by grief. Shit will inevitably hit the fan. Some of it we will have no control over. But what we do have control over is the story. And a daily writing habit allows you to become the author of your life story.

1. Clarity

For the most part, my mind races at about a million miles an hour. I have hundreds of new ideas every single day. And I can become quite scatterbrained.
Sitting down to write each morning is something that can provide you with clarity. It allows you to separate the signal from the noise. And it’s ok if only a small percentage of what you write ends up in the external world because your cumulative output matters more than any individual piece of work.

2. Self-Discovery

The ambitions we have will become the stories we live. IF you want to know what a person’s story is about, just ask them what they want — Donald Miller
A daily writing habit can also be a fantastic tool for self-discovery. When you start getting thoughts out of your head and onto a blank page, you’ll start to figure out what truly matters to you. You’ll tap into your inner compass and uncover your heart’s deepest desires, and greatest ambitions.

3.Vision/Imagination

It’s been said that a Moleskine notebook is a platform for your imagination. And it’s one of the many reasons I say you should always carry a notebook. I can trace back every article or book I’ve written, every creative project I’ve shipped and nearly every worthwhile idea I’ve had to the pages of my notebooks. The beautiful thing about a daily writing habit is that there are no boundaries or limitations to what’s possible.
The blank page is a gateway to vision and imagination.
When you become the author of your life story, and discover what my friend Reema Zaman refers to as the golden thread of your narrative, you can shape the world to your own liking.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario